Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Dear Mr. Jim Butcher

Do you know what I did yesterday? I read Fan Fiction. Something I swore to myself I would never do again. I promised myself that I was better than that, that I was going to walk away from that stuff once and for all. I was not going to write it, I was not going to read it. I was going to read only real books and write original stories.

Get On With It!
And do you know why I stooped to that level yesterday? Because you have started taunting me with this idea of Murphy and Dresden together. At first it was fine. I mean I didn't even notice that you were working it in there for a while. Granted reading the books out of order might have added to the problem, but that's beyond the point. The point is that I finally got around to picking up "Side Jobs" and read "Love Hurts."

That was a low move. I did not appreciate seeing potential and then you dragging it from me. This is why I read romance novels, so I don't get cranky when my fantasy novels take their time getting around to the mushy stuff. But currently I am in the middle of a kick were I pretty much have read nothing but Dresden files,   Mercy Thompson series and Kate Daniels series. You are now the only one of the three holding out on me.

In the immortal words of my grandfather: "Why you make me wait?"

I will keep reading fan fiction if it takes too long and I really really don't want to do that.. (Also I blame you for opening the can of worms that is the Harry and Thomas gay couple. Because let me tell you there is some weird stuff out there with that. Fan girls don't need any help, they would have done that on their own anyway but you made it worse.)

No comments:

Post a Comment