Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Book Review: Archangel's Blade by Nalini Singh

Anyone else see it?
First off, the cover irks me. Not all of it, just the guy's face. There is something off in the proportions or maybe in the coloring. But the rest seems okay. When I had seen the cover online a while back I had thought it was a draft mock up of what the cover and I was really rather surprised to see that was the real cover when I got the book. I am mostly shocked because before this all of Singh's covers have been excellent. I know it's a stupid thing to get hung up on but these days book covers are practically an art form.

I am surprised as well that I think I enjoyed this book than the other Guild Hunter novels thus far. Despite previously being showed as some kind of creepy masochist Dimitri ends up being rather likable. He has some depth and shows emotions way more than Raphael ever did. Although in this book you get a better idea at what Raphael is thinking, which sorta seemed weird that he was more human in this book than the ones where he is actively in love but whatever.

The plot is fluff. The climax actually is for a whole other thing than what the two main characters have spent most of their time doing. The whole book was hunting down and finding the people that hurt the girl and then at the end some other dude is there to be a bad guy. Unrelated bad guy is strange.

I am sorta half and half on this book. We got to see some more interesting things about all the vampires and angels but the plot was a little lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment