Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Mini Book Review: Beauty and the Werewolf by Mercedes Lackey

This was the book that got me interested in the Five Hundred Kingdoms series. The title alone was pretty much crack for me so of course I read it. But the thing is this book was not as trashy as I thought it was going to be. It has the slow steady pacing of the fantasy novels I used to read in junior high before everything had to be about running the entire book. (See Dresden reviews) There was some funny tongue and cheek moments but most of it was this cute story. Granted I really didn't feel the romance but then again I never felt the romance when I was reading those books back in junior high. Besides this book and the Sleeping Beauty story the rest of the series seems to be stupid boring. I mean really. Although Sebastian was kind of boring he wasn't completely boring. Hell I am getting bored trying to talk about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment