Sunday, October 31, 2010

Vampires, Sluts, and I can't feel my toes

Halloween is upon us once again. I have every intention of sitting at the front door guarded the candy just to make sure there aren't any left overs, and so I can get all the good chocolate first. There are not alot of kids on this street so there should be too much trouble in general but I am waiting to see what kind of costumes make an appearance.

Thursday I went out to a bar for Halloween. It wasnt very busy so I was able to get a good look at all the costumes. I know I am not the first to say this but why must all female costumes be a slutty form of what the original was? Secondly who the devil wears that little clothing when its raining and close to forty degrees out? I mean maybe I am just not build to withstand the cold the way people from around the Cleveland area are but the second I saw the temperature I put pants on rather than the shorts that originally went with my costume.

I have memories of living in Chicago and going in early on Halloween because it was so cold, and back in the day I was wearing long underwear under my witch costume. I am just not good at this whole idea that I need to be nearly naked when its so windy outside. I will admit that last year I wore less than I should have on Halloween but I ended up stealing the coat from the guy dressed up as Brad Pitt from Inglorious Bastards, and I think I took some one else's scarf.

The real kicker this year is that no one and I mean no one is going as anything interesting. Last year I had a buddy go as American Psycho and the previously mentioned Inglorious Bastard attire. I also saw a lot of really cool ones while out at a party, but this year things are lack luster. The number of Alice in Wonderland themed costumes went up because of the Time Burton movie. If you feel like wearing a body suite you can dress up like one of Na'vi from Avatar (I saw a lady in that costume, it was not pretty. to pull it off you need to be pencil skinny she was not.) I had also been expecting to see a lot more vampires. I mean really a whole hell of vampire were supposed to be out this year. So many vampire related things happened this year and yet I only saw one Edward, to say the least I am disappointment.

The only costume that made me smile wasn't eve on a person. At Hot Topic they had a black corset with a bright green skirt and GIR head band that gave you his ears in dog from. I am still a little surprised I didn't pick that one up. I had gotten lazy and just bought the shirt from the bar in True Blood and sorta dresses like a waitress. The Gir costume would have been better but I would have basically been in underwear.

Next year I plan to have a costume figured out a month before hand and possibly make my boyfriend go along with it. I will also need to make sure we have super awesome plans because everything sorta fell through this year.

I am going to go see if I can get to candy before anyone notices.....

No comments:

Post a Comment