Thursday, May 19, 2011

Book Review: Archangel's Consort by Nalini Singh

Alright I am going to come out and say it, I don't feel the romance in this series. I feel the sex, oh yeah. But there doesn't really seem to be the right kind of emotions from both characters. Elena seems to be defending herself a lot or trying to get things done her way. And mr. angel spends all his time talking about how weak she is and how is scares him.

I don't know if I believe them to be a couple in the truest sense. I mean he turned her into and angel because he loved her so much, but he hardly ever does anything that makes sense. And yes i get the fact that supposedly him being immortal and having thousands of years to be set in his ways means something. I am sorta disappointed because I have seen Singh write tough love stories where there are issues with people feeling emotion.

Also I am getting the feeling that the fault with this series is that it is a series.  I have been going back in her other series and I have found that I like it a lot better. I think the issue is that she doesn't have the experience writing the depth of character it takes to carry one set of characters through several books. Both of them feel very surface level. She is pretty much drawing out what she normally would have in one book and turning it into several. She doesn't really introduce new characters or situations, its pretty much the same-ish plot in three books.

No comments:

Post a Comment