Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Book Review: Living Nightmare By Shannon K Butcher

I picked this book up from the Borders closing, and I really don't know what to say. A year ago I picked up the first book in the series and was not impressed. I remember being annoyed with the story after three chapters and pretty much giving up. I decided to give the series a second chance.

The reason being that this author is the wife of Jim Butcher who writes the Dresden Files, which my boyfriend and I are currently trying to work our way through. I thought that having a fantasy mystery writer has a husband might in the long run make Shannon a more interesting writer.

Not so sure if that happened. I can't really tell you what happened in this book. I was literally confused the entire time. I mean I have the general premise of the series, a bunch of immortal warriors fighting some kind of lizard dogs. But this story there are talking lizard people that look like people. Not sure on how that one came about. There are a bunch of warriors that just are sorta there and never explained. There are two girls that never age, and also all of a sudden all the warriors are sterile. I can feel my eyes crossing....

My brain is collapsing in on itself.

I don't know. This was an author choice to not spend a certain amount of time back tracking to talk about what had already happened. Sometime I like it when authors do that, until I read something out of order.

Shrug.

I am going to go put my self into an ice cream coma now and watch Glee.

No comments:

Post a Comment