Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Book Review: Lover Unleashed by J.R. Ward

I don't know if I am in a mood or if these series are just carrying on for too long to hold my interest. I was just kind of bored. I like Payne good enough and Manny was cool. But so much of the book had nothing to do with them. It was nearly all Vishcous and Jane having some issues, and then Quinn and Blay are having their little moan fest.

meh. Just meh. I liked parts I didn't like parts. I was just bored with the whole thing. There was a really weird bondage bit in middle that I am not sure how I feel about.

My biggest thing is the end. There is none. I can't tell you what the conflict is besides some misunderstanding of what the two main people think is going to happen. There is a bad guy all set up at the end but he just sorta lets Payne go because she gives him a good tongue lashing.  When did this become a thing for the girls to be the one to talk a bad guy out of something because Michael Bay just pulled that. Two cops now also seem to have some kind of plot so something is going to happen there.

This felt like a bridge book. Its the book between stories that the author really wants to tell, but needs a book in the middle to set things up. This is a set up and poor Payne and Manny get their love cut short so that side character soon to be main characters can have more air time.

No comments:

Post a Comment