Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Mini Book Review: Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews

Decent enough urban fantasy. Not very urban because the world is like half destroyed by magic and everyone rides horses now. There are some really great concepts in this book and the series but nothing is really explained for a while. I mean the entire first book is over before the authors (this is written by a couple) get around to making any kind of explanation as to why the world is messed up. A few things come up that are not really explained or talked about in depth but they seem kind of far fetched and I have trouble staying in a book when I am expected to accept something that I didn't know was there until just then. That the tricky bit about fantasy you have to choose how much to explain and this one is a little sparse on the definitions. Anyways I will keep reading because it's similar enough to Mercy Thompson to keep me reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment