Thursday, February 10, 2011

Book Review: Enslave Me Sweetly by Gena Showalter

The interesting thing about this book was the single character point of view. That might sound like a weird thing to say because books have different points of view. But the simple fact is that most romance novels alternate between the points of view of both lead characters. This style works best in romances because it gives the reader both sides of the story. I was also thrown off because I know that in the same series Showalter does you the alternating point of view. Anyway the point is it threw me off.

This book is part of the Alien Huntress series. In this series it is the future, there are lots of aliens on planet earth, and there were some wars. I am not clear because this is only the second full length book I have read from the series. Eden the main lead for this book is an alien. She is a Raka which have golden hair, skin and eyes. I mean really their skin looks like gold. Playing opposite of her is Agent Lucius. (I am really getting annoyed with that name btw.)

They are trying to spot an interplanetary sex slave ring. I sorta forget the rest. I am not saying its bad. But it kind of didn't make an impact on me. Also I am trying to work out recently and my ability to read is going down a bit. I just wasn't moved by either character. They weren't bland but they just weren't developed enough for me to have an opinion. By the climax I was still mostly unattached to either character.

I do really like the cover. So there is that.

No comments:

Post a Comment