Saturday, January 8, 2011

Currently watching Vanread

I don't know where to start. I am very unsure. Found this show on netflix in the Anime section. The description says that it takes place in the future when Men and Women have created waring tribes. That alone pretty much had me clicking on it. And then I saw that it was a complete and utter train wreck, and I could not look away.

First of all the writing is crazy strange. One character is a doctor, I can't tell you his name only that he is a doctor. Why is that? Its because he says he is a doctor just about every time he has a line. If any one has ever seen Cowboy Bebop then I will also say that it is the same voice actor as the guy that did Spike. I am begining to learn that there are only a handful of American voice actors who dub Anime and this guy seems to do a lot. Its weird for me because I just hear Spike, and my brain keeps saying "Spike is not a doctor."

The show also falls into so many stereotypes, oh the silliness. I can't verbalize what I have witnessed. But I highly suggest watching a few episodes if only to get an idea of what I am talking about

No comments:

Post a Comment