Thursday, January 6, 2011

TV Review: Eureka Season 1

I feel a bit bad about this. I bought these dvds a few years ago and then forgot about them after watching half the season. The boyfriend was bored a few days ago and then we saw the season on Netflix. We ended up pulling out the dvd's when my computer started being stupid.

Okay so the basis of the show is that some where in Oregon there is this town called Eureka that was created during the early days of World War II. The town was created for the scientist that were creating our weapons of war, the town later became a place were the brightest minds in the country are kept so that their experiments can be monitored. The show opens with US Marshal Jack Carter and his daughter Zoe making a road trip home after she attempted to run away. They have car trouble and end up in Eureka. While there an experiment goes wrong and Jack is forced to help the local law enforcement.

The show is science heavy. I mean rather science heavy. The issue is that I am watching this show with my boyfriend, who reads modern science for fun and picks up books by Steven Hawking for light reading. So the few times the show tried to do something that can't be done or doesn't make science sense then I get to hear about it. At the same time he was the one begging to watch another episode at two in the morning.

The characters are fun. I like Jack a lot and his continued attempts to understand what is happening around him. Henry, the local mechanic who functions as a jack of all trades for the town is the boyfriend's favorite. He wants to be Henry. I am a little annoyed with the females in the show. The female cop is cool and is fine, but the 'love interest' girl is just super dull. Like crazy dull. Then there is this therapist in the town that everyone is supposed to think is crazy hot but she sure doesn't look it. That's the issue with Sci-fi produced shows, the network doesn't have the money to pay really pretty people to be in the series, so you end up with sorta pretty.

I enjoyed the show. I am kind of stocked to see what happens in the up coming seasons. I would really recommend it. Because while there is science they explain it to Jack so we get to understand the science in layman's terms.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE that show! It's really pretty good. I did a massive watch of it last month.

    You should check out Warehouse 13 too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am trying to limit the amount of poor cgi shows i watch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "That's the issue with Sci-fi produced shows, the network doesn't have the money to pay really pretty people to be in the series, so you end up with sorta pretty."

    Hahahaha. Very true.

    ReplyDelete