Saturday, March 12, 2011

Book Review: A Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole

After going back and reading all the Cole books again I figured I would do a brief sum up of how I feel about each. Hunger is the first full length book int he series, the first installment of the series is a short story. Emma is half valkyrie half vampire and a timid little thing when the book starts. Lachlain is pretty much half out of his mind after being trapped for years in a pit of fire.

This book has the most romance to the overall plot in that there is little outside plot. Its the establishing book for he series and introduces many characters but not much else. The vampire threat is created and then dealt with. We get glimpses of other creatures and characters for later stories. Two of the most recent stories were hinted at in this book. This book was also one of the establishers in Cole's style of making me work for the dirty bits, she likes to make me wait as long as possible.

This was not my favorite book but I enjoyed the characters that I met along the way. Also I loved the way werewolves were portrayed so I was hooked on the series from then.

No comments:

Post a Comment